How to Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry

Would you like to immigrate to Canada through express entry?

There are a lot of ways you can travel to Canada, you can immigrate through family sponsorship, provincial nominees, Atlantic immigration pilot, caregivers, and others.

But in the post, I will be sharing information on how you can immigrate to Canada through Express Entry.

Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry

What is Express Entry and how does it work?

Express Entry is a system where the Canadian Immigration uses to process applications for skilled people who wants to be a permanent resident in Canada.

With this system, it will be easier for you to process your application and immigrate to Canada through express entry

Before you begin the process of apply through Express Entry, you must:

  1. Find out if you are eligible to participate in the program
  2. Get all your documents ready
  3. Submit your profile
  4. Receive an invitation and apply for permanent residence (PR)

For eligibility, a questionnaire is provided where you will answer some questions to find out if you meet the minimum requirements.

In this questionnaire, you are required to answer questions related to your nationality, age, language ability, family members, education, work experience, and details on any job offers.

Answering the questionnaire is to help you determine what program is best for you to start your application because there are three immigration programs under Express Entry.

However, before you go ahead with the application, there are few things you are expected to have possessed that will qualify you to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry program. They are:

  1. Passport or travel document
  2. International English Language Tests (IELTS)
  3. Educational Credential Assessment report (ECA)
  4. Canadian education proof (if you have school in Canada before)
  5. Previous work Experience
  6. Prove you have a job offer (if you have one)
  7. Proof of funds

International English Language Tests

IELTS is an International English Language Test that the Canadian Immigration expects everyone who wants to move to Canada to write and pass before they are qualified to immigrate to Canada.

The test will evaluate your ability based on writing, reading, listening, and speaking and there are bands you are expected to get either if you are coming to Canada for schooling or for work.

There are IELTS General for work and IELTS Academics for study. The pass mark for IELTS General is 7.0 while for Academics is 6.0. For Express Entry, you are required to take the General test.

The IELTS test is valid for two years before the application period. This means that the exam test result should be available during the period you want to start an application for immigration to Canada through Express Entry or applying for permanent residence.

Your IELTS test result must meet the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB 7) which a maximum of 24 points.

Educational Credential Assessment Result (ECA)

This assessment center helps to verify that your result whether its degree, diploma, certificate or other qualification is authentic and equal or equivalent to Canadian educational result.

There are different types of ECA, so be sure you pick the one for immigration purposes. The ECA report will also be included in your express entry profile.

The ECA will also help you when you are searching for a job or looking to get a license for a particular profession.

There are different designated organizations approved by the Canadian Immigration that can help you evaluate your credentials.

The popular one is World Education Services (WES).

You can visit WES site to verify the required fee and processing time for your credentials so that you can start your application in time.

However, if you have school in Canada in the past, there will not be any need for the WES assessment but you still need to submit your educational credential as proof you studied in Canada.

Proof of Funds

Canadian immigration expects that before you immigrate to Canada through express entry, you must prove that you are capable of taking care of yourself and your family (if you are taking them) while in Canada even before working.

This amount of money depends on the size of your family such as yourself, spouse, dependent children. For instance, if you are going alone, you need at least $12,960 CAD and if 2 persons are migrating, that will be $16,135 CAD (Canadian Dollar).

This means the more the number of family members, the more money you will need to support them and you must provide proof from your financial institution that you have the money in your custody and that money must be in your account until you want to apply for permanent residency.

More post about immigrating to Canada coming….

Do you have any question regarding traveling or moving to Canada? You can drop it in the comment section.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *